The purpose of Little Lambs Preschool is to provide an educational based program for children not yet enrolled in school. The goal of the program is to provide opportunities for children to develop basic social skills, direct them in emotional skills, and to develop fine and gross motor skills. Children will also be introduced to the alphabet, counting, sorting, hand-eye coordination and thinking skills.
The children will be given the opportunity to develop these skills with a theme that is appropriate for their age level and centers around their world to give them hands on learning experiences.
At Little Lambs 3K Preschool we focus on getting your child ready for 4K. These are our goals that we hope to achieve with your child by the end of the year:
- Lining up in a straight line
- Following a daily class routine
- Using the bathroom independently
- Getting dressed (jacket, snowpants, boots, hats, gloves)
- Cleaning up after ourselves
- Sitting at a table
- Sitting for circle time
- ABCs (singing the alphabet and some written letter recognition)
- Written name recognition
- Counting 1-10
- Color recognition
- Shape recognition
- Eating snack as a group
- Building fine motor skills (writing with a pencil and cutting with a scissors)
- Knowing his/her first and last name
There are many benefits to having your child attend a preschool program before they enter 4K and Kindergarten. It is a place where your child will have an opportunity to prepare for their future academic, emotional, and social success. Preschool will ease your child into the routine of school, and will help them develop the skills to take direction from a teacher.